Israel to suffer consequences for Golan attack: Iran
An Iranian deputy foreign minister says Zionist regime’s officials will suffer the consequences of Tel Aviv’s recent airstrike that killed six Hezbollah members and an Iranian commander in Syria’s Golan Height.
Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, Iran's deputy foreign minister for Arab and African affairs, said on Tuesday that following the attack, the Islamic Republic sent a message to the United States “through diplomatic channels,” warning that the Israeli regime should suffer the consequences of its fatal aerial assault against the Hezbollah convoy on the Syrian soil.
“In this message, we declared to the Americans that Israel has crossed Iran’s red lines by taking this action,” said the senior Iranian diplomat.
On January 17, an Israeli military helicopter fired two missiles into Amal Farms in the strategic southwestern Syrian city of Quneitra, close to the line separating the Syrian part of the Golan Heights from the Israeli-occupied sector.
Six Hezbollah members as well as Brigadier General Mohammad Ali Allahdadi, an Iranian commander, lost their lives in the Israeli assault.
Israel later claimed that it was unaware of the presence of an Iranian commander in the area where the attack happened.
Iranian officials, however, have rejected the claim, describing it as a routine tactic used by Israelis to hide their evil intentions.
Earlier on Tuesday, Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi, a top military advisor to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, called Israel’s claims as mere “lies,” saying that such statements reveal the Tel Aviv regime’s fear of Iran’s retaliation.
The January 17 attack in Quneitra has sparked fears within Israel of Hezbollah’s possible retaliation.
Israeli media have reported over the past days that the regime is closely monitoring the movements close to the Lebanese border and in the occupied Golan Heights