Krassimir Ivandjiiski
Home Archive Search Sponsors About us Contact

Translate
Select Language




Syria deputy FM says attempts to harm Syria-Iran ties have failed



Fri May 15, 2015

The Syrian deputy foreign minister, Faisal al-Mekdad

 

The Syrian deputy foreign minister says attempts by certain countries to harm the alliance between Syria and Iran have failed.

Faisal al-Mekdad made the remark in an interview with Lebanon’s al-Manar TV on Thursday night, stressing that such attempts are futile.

“And here are the resistance and Syria making further advances and successes every day,” said Mekdad.

The comments came amid recent major advances by the Syrian government forces backed by fighters from Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah in the mountainous Qalamoun region, north of the Syrian capital, Damascus, and along the border with neighboring Lebanon.

The Syrian deputy foreign minister further underscored that Syria is proud of its alliance with Hezbollah, whose “heroes have sacrificed their souls to defend Syria’s sovereignty.”

He also attached high value to Syria’s strategic relations with Iran and Russia.

Mekdad highlighted that Syria’s victories in the fight against foreign-backed Takfiri militants will give “a hard lesson” to certain countries arming and sending terrorists into Syria to achieve their political goals.

“We are not afraid of any threats, and those who try to undermine Syria’s sovereignty and independence will find that the response of the Syrian people and army and Syria’s friends would be sweeping,” he added.

Syrian army soldiers are seen near the town of Assal al-Ward, in the Qalamoun region, May 9, 2015. (© AFP)

 

On May 13, the Syrian and Hezbollah forces established full control over the highest peak in the strategic hills in the east of Qalamoun, including the Tallit Mussa hilltop, one of the most strategic positions in the region.

The Syrian army also managed to retake the al-Kherbeh crossing in Qalamoun, killing dozens of terrorists in the area.

Syria has been gripped by a deadly crisis since 2011. More than 220,000 people have reportedly been killed and millions displaced so far due to the turmoil in the country


 



 

 
"Строго секретно" излиза от 1991г. Вестникът е уникално издание за кулисите на висшата политика, геополитиката, шпионажа, финансовите престъпления, конспирацията, невероятното, трагичното и смешното.
Strogo Sekretno is the home for the highest politics, geopolitics, geo-economics, world crisis, weapons, intelligence, financial crimes...
(c) 1991-2020, Strogosekretno.com, All Rights Reserved
Contents may not be reproduces in whole or in part without permission of publisher. Information presented in Strogo Sekretno may or may not represent the views of Strogo Sekretno, its staff, or its advertisers.
Strogo Sekretno assume no responsibility for the reliability of advertisements presented in the newspaper. Strogo Sekretno respects the privacy of our subscribers. Our subscriber mailing list is not available for sale or sharing.
Reprint permission: contact@strogosekretno.com