The battle for Syria ends, the War for Jerusalem begins.
The crush of ISIS is not the end.
On December 11, 2017, Vladimir Putin on the first stop of his visit in Syria-Egypt-Turkey landed at the Khmeimim airbase in Latakia (Western Syria) and announced full defeat of ISIS.
At the same time, he ordered the major part of the Russian formation in Syria to prepare for going back home. The return started immediately.
Thus, the most complex part of the Russian operation in Syria was accomplished. The key objectives were achieved.
What are the main conclusions and what are we to expect?
- The Syrian operation of the Russian armed forces (September 30, 2015 – December 11, 2017) is over. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant on the territory of Syria on both banks of the river Euphrates is crushed. The further structuring of the syrian state government will rely on political solutions.
- The victory of Russia in Syria is complete and overall. The terrorists are smashed and vast territories are liberated and cleared of terrorists.
- Syria did not fall and kept its integrity as a unified state. Bashar Assad remained as head of state and the Syrian people will decide their way of life in the future.
- Russia returned in the Middle East and declared a victory of the civilized world. It is a factor in the big politics that should be considered for and without which it is impossible to decide whatsoever in any part of the world.
- The world saw the new Russian army – effective, professional, mobile, armed with state-of-the-art weaponry that has been tested and improved in battle. Russia switched to war mode.
- The Syrian military operation has become one of the most successful campaigns in the new history of warfare.
- Moscow were not violating any international norms and were not invading any other country (as opposed to Americans that are doing this for decades), but on the contrary, they provided military and humanitarian aid to a legally elected government and at the request of that government in order to preserve the state.
- Russia’s victory over terrorists is a portent that Europe can overcome the immigration crisis and that the river of refugees from the Middle East will dry out and the terrorist operations in London, Paris, Brussels and other cities will cease.
Russia's political victory over the United States is enormous because not only Syria was preserved as a country despite US and Israeli plans but because Russia has also shown how a country could be saved by military force and President Assad's negotiations with internal opposition and neighboring countries.
Russia has played a leading role here, united around the solution of the crisis Iran, Turkey and Egypt, and restored their regional role.
Russia offered an alternative to the Western one-pole world and by its Syrian example made this alternative effective.
From now on, more countries will see Moscow as guarantor against American controlled chaos, against change of regimes and destruction of sovereignty.
-The international order set by Russia lays on the foundations that the world is diverse, multi-pole and that every country has the right to follow its own path of development without “democratic bombings”.
- All illegal channels of oil distribution used by terrorists in Syria, Iraq, and Kurdistan were cut off. The same happened to the potential gas corridors from the Gulf to the East Mediterranean and Europe. The Middle East is a key region for the world’s production and transportation of energy resources.
Russia’s success is absolute; they won the battle but it is still too early to say that the war is over.
- The reduction of the Russian contingent to a required minimum does not mean a full withdrawal. It can easily be restored if needed.
- The USA lost the battle in Syria. Now they are trying to regain positions through illegal presence of US military troops on the territory of Syria, which in the context of the international law is a military aggression. The USA will lose their influence in the Middle East for decades
- The Middle East is on the verge of historic changes. The American armed forces in Syria will be struck by the Iranian Shia formations and the got warned about that.
The US wanted to remove Assad from power and to install their “son-of-a-bitch” in Damascus. The so-called moderate opposition failed to do this, so the USA sent their troops in Syria under the pretext of “war on terrorism”, i.e. on American sponsored Al Qaeda and ISIS. However, the commander of foreign operations for Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Maj. General Qasem Soleimani sent a formal warning, via Russia, to the head of the US forces command in Syria, advising him to pull out all US forces to the last soldier “or the doors of hell will open up”.
- The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the militant Lebanese Shiite organization Hezbollah played a great role to drive out ISIS from Syria. After the withdrawal of the Russian military contingent, the Guard Corps on the southern border of Syria came in direct contact with the army of Zionist Israel. They are both existential enemies ready to wipe each other off the face of the Earth.
- Hezbollah is ready to counteract Israel. Hezbollah won the 2006 Arab-Israeli war on the Lebanese border. Israel was not involved in the process of regulating the Syrian crisis. On the contrary, it hampered in every possible way - military and political.
Against this background, the war has returned to where it began - Israel. There is hardly any thinking person who does not understand that behind the war in Syria and the Middle East coups is Israel. Even Obama-Clinton administration admitted that fact which led to a fierce behind-the-scenes war in Washington between the neoconservatives and Trump, who is, in fact, a puppet of Netanyahu.
Thus came December 6, 2017, when Trump “recognized” Jerusalem as a “capital” of Israel, which is a geopolitical bomb. The consequences were not late. Hardly greater provocation against the world could have been invented. It is exactly the statute of Jerusalem that is one of the main causes of Israel's Middle East wars against the Arab world.
No country in the world recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Its eastern part was joined to western Jerusalem after the war in 1967, and the issue of the statute of the eternal city is the basis of the Arab-Israeli regulation at all. - The three major sanctuaries of the three religions - Christianity, Muslim, and Judaism are situated in Jerusalem. Al-Aqsa is the third most important sacred place for Muslims after Mecca and Medina. Trump, however, recognizes all Jerusalem as the capital of Israel not just Western Jerusalem. He could hardly figure out greater provocation. And stupidity. Because in just a few hours, Trump managed to achieve what all Islamic world failed for decades,namely to unite all Muslims against the United States and Israel.
Then the meeting in Turkey followed, where all Arab states called on the world to recognize East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine. Erdogan has already done so. The League of Arab States said that Washington's decision has been aggression against them, against Palestinian people, against Muslims and Christians around the world.
The Hamas announced the start of the third Intifada and declared that Jerusalem was the capital of Muslims from Palestine.
Iran proposed to organize a cooperation between Hezbollah and Hamas against the United States and Israel.
Erdogan named Israel a terrorist state and a child killer.
The Middle East is on the door of a new war or, to be more exact, it is once again in the war that lasts since 1947.
The main responsibility will fall on the USA and Israel. Russia will restrain from taking part in this new conflict. It reached all goals set in the operation in Syria.
In fact, no war since 1947 resolved this centuries-old conflict.
We are at the threshold of yet another consecutive war, more precisely the continuation of a conflict, which has not ceased.