Krassimir Ivandjiiski
Home Archive Search Sponsors About us Contact

Translate
Select Language









Trump offers "Bridge", Democrats Say "No". Lynch : "That Motherf***er Says A Lot Of Sh*t"


RT.com

   19 January 2019 

During a statement on Saturday, President Trump proposed funding for humanitarian assistance and drug detection technology, increases in Border Patrol agents and immigration judges,

changes to the asylum application process for minors, promotion of family reunification, $5.7 billion in border wall funding, and protections for DACA recipients and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders.

Trump said, “Our plan includes the following: $800 million in urgent humanitarian assistance, $805 million for drug detection technology to help secure our ports of entry, an additional 2,750 border agents and law enforcement professionals, 75 new immigration judge teams…a new system to allow Central American minors to apply for asylum in their home countries and reform to promote family reunification for unaccompanied children, thousands of whom wind up on our border doorstep. To physically secure our border, the plan includes $5.7 billion for a strategic deployment of physical barriers, or a wall. This is not a 2,000-mile concrete structure from sea to sea. These are steel barriers in high priority locations.”

   

He added that the plan includes “3 years of legislative relief” for DACA recipients, which will “give them access to work permits, Social Security numbers, and protection from deportation,” and 3 years of TPS extension.

Democrat Nancy Pelosi said "no."

=================================

Zero Hedge

 

Well that didn't take long.

In fact, even before President Trump has issued his "major announcement," Democratic leaders were pre-emptively rejecting his ideas.

Trump's BRIDGE Act made two offers to Democrats in exchange for $5.7 billion in funds for a border wall: Extend DACA protections for Dreamers, who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children, and extend the legal status of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders.

Half an hour before the speech, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement:

"Democrats were hopeful that the President was finally willing to re-open government and proceed with a much-need discussion to protect the border.

Unfortunately, initial reports make clear that his proposal is a compilation of several previously rejected initiatives, each of which is unacceptable and in total, do not represent a good faith effort to restore certainty to people's lives."

Pelosi further slammed the deal for not including “the permanent solution for the Dreamers and TPS recipients that our country needs and supports.”

Additionally, Democratic Whip Dick Durbin also issued a statement:

"First, President Trump and Senate Majority Leader McConnell must open the government today.  Second, I cannot support the proposed offer as reported and do not believe it can pass the Senate.  Third, I am ready to sit down at any time after the government is opened and work to resolve all outstanding issues."

A Democratic aide characterized the forthcoming offer from Trump as "non-serious product." 

"Dems were not consulted on this and have rejected similar overtures previously. It’s clearly a non serious product of negotiations amongst [White House] staff to try to clean up messes the president created in the first place. [The President] is holding more people hostage for his wall," the aide said. 

Day 30 of the shutdown seems inevitable...

 

 

 

 


 



 
 
"Строго секретно" излиза от 1991г. Вестникът е уникално издание за кулисите на висшата политика, геополитиката, шпионажа, финансовите престъпления, конспирацията, невероятното, трагичното и смешното.
Strogo Sekretno is the home for the highest politics, geopolitics, geo-economics, world crisis, weapons, intelligence, financial crimes...
(c) 1991-2019, Strogosekretno.com, All Rights Reserved
Contents may not be reproduces in whole or in part without permission of publisher. Information presented in Strogo Sekretno may or may not represent the views of Strogo Sekretno, its staff, or its advertisers.
Strogo Sekretno assume no responsibility for the reliability of advertisements presented in the newspaper. Strogo Sekretno respects the privacy of our subscribers. Our subscriber mailing list is not available for sale or sharing.
Reprint permission: contact@strogosekretno.com